Sunday, October 27, 2013

LUNCH AT RASTA PASTA


While getting into the historic Kensington Market to search for an exotic yet reasonably priced lunch spot, I was immediately drawn to a restaurant that fuses both my cultural background cuisine and one of my favourite international cuisines into one.   I am talking about RASTA PASTA, which is a fusion of both Jamaican and Italian cuisines through their selection of pizzas, pastas, and staple main dishes.

Thanks to this unique fusion of cuisines I was curious to check out what they are offering.    What drew me instantly is that they have their daily small Jerk Chicken Special at a bargain price ($5).     That alone drew my friend and myself to check out this cuisine.   And what a great decision that was.

Instead of serving pre-made, tough chicken, theirs was cooked on the spot, made to order.      The chicken was juicy, tender, and fall of the bone, finger licking good, and the sauce was tantalizing and has a great kick.    The meal came with an order of rice & peas and vegetables, which accompanied the chicken very well and added a healthy kick to the meal.

I am definitely coming back to this restaurant again whenever I hit the Kensington Market area.    This is Jamaican food done right, and being a Jamaican descendant myself I am a stickler when it comes to my own ethnic cuisine served outside of my house.    One moment from eating here you will leave out singing “One Love”, the next moment you will leave singing “O Sole Mio”.    For that, I shall say, YEAH MON!

RASTA PASTA
61 Kensington Avenue
Kensington Market
Toronto, Ontario
M5T 2K1
647-501-4505
Facebook:  eatrastapastato
Twitter:  eatrastapasta


(Co-Owner Magnus and the Rasta Pasta Menu)

No comments:

Post a Comment