Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE INTRIGUE OF JESUS


Southern gospel songwriter Bill Gaither wrote a timeless hymn that stated that there is something about that name.    The name: Jesus

Jesus is the Anglicized version of the Hebrew name Yeshua, or Joshua, meaning “salvation”.    It’s a name packed with power, conviction, and shivers that just reach down your spine.   For believers, it is a name to be revered even to the point of not taking it in vain.   For those that don’t believe, it is accompanied with an f-word or some other unpleasant choice of words.  

Every time I hear the name Jesus, whether as a cuss word or as a voice of praise, it does something to me.   In the Bible, it does say that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to Jesus Christ God’s only son.   I can’t help but bow in complete submission to Jesus, my master.   He is my joy, my strength, my song.   Very simply, Jesus is everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment