Friday, October 12, 2012

THE FAMED FAMOSO




            On a nice fall afternoon I decided to have an early dinner at a new Italian pizzeria located right in the heart of the Annex.   The restaurant:  Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria.
            This nice little spot is known for its wood oven pizzas, zesty salads, and hearty gelatos to cleanse the palate after a great meal.  For myself, I decided to use my gift certificate from an earlier visit and go the whole nine yards to explore such fine Italian Cuisine.
            I started out with a small Caesar Salad ($4) topped with shaved Parmesan cheese, bacon and served with a garlic wedge.   The salad was well dressed, tasted very fresh, crispy and zesty, and was a great starter to wet my appetite for a nice light meal.
            Then I ordered the Margherita Pizzetta ($7), a serving suggestion for a single person, which is a cheese pizza with garnishes of basil.   I love the wood oven effect on the pizza crust, the pizza tasted fresh and the serving portion was nice, light and reasonable on the belly.   To wash this all down I had a nice glass of San Pellegrino Limonata soda ($2.50), which complemented the meal nicely without the need of alcohol.
            Finally I cleansed my palate with a single scoop of Madagascar Vanilla Bean Gelato ($3.50).   From the get go I can taste the accents of the vanilla throughout the desert, as well as the rich creamy texture that just calls for another helping if one so desires.
            What’s so amazing about this meal is that all three courses came under $20, so if you want a nice three-course meal without breaking the bank, Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria may be your best bet yet for some quality food at great prices.    Overall, the food was great, service was impeccable, and the atmosphere was very inviting.   

FAMOSO NEAPOLITAN PIZZERIA @ THE ANNEX
386 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1X4
647-748-2333

No comments:

Post a Comment