Thursday, January 15, 2015

CITY COMFORT AT THE GABARDINE

Upon seeing it profiled on Food Network’s TV Show “You Gotta Eat Here”, I decided to trek to a restaurant tucked right in the business district of Toronto called the Gabardine for top class pub fare at its finest.   

Upon walking into the restaurant, I was drawn by the classy décor and candlelight backdrop of the restaurant.    It made the experience very inviting and feeling like I am at a warm campfire at home.

To start, I had the special soup of the day, which was a cream based puree of potato and leek.    The rich bisque was well seasoned, had a rich full body, and works well as a pleasant first course.

My choice of main was a rich and decadent Chicken Pot Pie with an herbed crust.    The crust was well seasoned, crispy and flavourful, and the stew was rich and juicy, not skimping on taste or portions.   Even the chicken pieces were succulent, tender, and richly textured.

After meeting the owner of the restaurant to tell her what a great meal I had, I was treated to dessert on the house.   For the free closer meal, I had the Fennell Dusted Fritters with lemon curd and whipped cream.   The fritters were light and airy, and the fennel dusting had a hint of licorice flavour that completely well accented the dish.

The Gabardine is a great place if you are looking for hearty, comforting food with a touch of classy ambience to set the mood.

THE GABARDINE
372 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 2W9
PHONE: 647-352-3211
FAX: 647-352-4112

No comments:

Post a Comment